SuperLite II-XL 45 is a fire resistive, technically advanced glazing product that blocks radiant heat transfer to meet ASTM E119 requirements. SAFTI FIRST was the first to provide this new technology to the USA in 1981. SuperLite II-XL products have been tested to the stringent wall standard and therefore are considered a “transparent wall.” Fire resistive glazing allows for greater design flexibility while other fire protective glazing products, such as ceramics, are limited by code to interior applications of 45 minutes or less and to 25% of the wall area.
SuperLite II-XL, when used with an equally rated heat barrier framing system such as SAFTIfire™ GPX™, provides floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall design flexibility with unsurpassed clarity and the added benefit of sound reduction. These products provide the maximum life safety and property protection with unlimited design freedom. SuperLite II-XL products may be customized to meet bullet, blast and hurricane resistance, as well as enhanced energy performance.
- Maximum fire and impact safety with hose stream and provides full radiant heat protection at a better value than any clear 45 minute fire protective product.
- Largest tested and approved sizes up to 4,952 sq. in. in standard 3/4” profile.
- Tint-free and optically clear. Perfect for property line requirements.
- Acoustical value of 40 STC, approximately 50% better than laminated ceramic.
- Available in custom architectural make-ups, such as laminated glass and energy-saving insulated units with NFRC certifications when used with GPX framing.
- 5 year warranty.
- USA manufactured for fast delivery and competitive pricing.
- Thin 1/2” profile is available up to 1,296 sq. in.
SuperLite II-XL Just Got Clearer!
Now available with Starphire® Ultra-Clear Glass by PPG
|Fire Rating||Application||Max CV Area||Max CV W||Max CV H||Stops|
|4,952 sq. in.||124”||124”||5/8"|
*SuperLite II-XL is tested and approved with 5/8” stop
heights. However, 1” stop heights
are recommended for optical irregularities that might occur along the perimeter of the lite.
Please see our Quality Specifications and Inspection Standards.
Thickness: 3/4” (19mm) standard and
1/2” (13mm) thin profile
Weight: 8 lbs./sq. ft. in 3/4” (19mm) standard profile
Sound Transmission Rating: STC 40 rating in 3/4”(19mm) standard profile
Fire Rating: 45 minutes with hose stream Meets ASTM E119 and NFPA 251
Impact Safety Rating: CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat. I and II
NFRC Certifications with GPX Framing:
0.40 U-Factor when insulated with Solarban 60 or Versalux Blue
0.34 SHGC when insulated with Solarban 60 or Versalux Blue
56 Condensation Resistance when insulated with Solarban 60 or Versalux Blue